Bought this Vichy moisturizer last year and just finished using it recently. So here’s my review.
Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care (50ml) [Front view]
Price: $20+-$30+. (Bought it during a sales. Can’t remember the exact price I gotten. Sorry!)
Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care (50ml) [Back view]
Skin Type: Combination, Oily and Imperfection-prone skin
Skin Concern: Pimples, Dilated pores, Redness, Acne scars, Uneven complexion, Shine
A light, oil-free daily hydrating moisturizer that target 6 signs of skin imperfections for visibly clearer skin. It contains Salicylic Acid, Glycolic Acid and LHA also suitable for sensitive skin.
Patented technology: dermatological peeling active ingredients in an anti-imperfection treatment for all-round transformation of imperfection-prone skin.
Reduces all imperfections, redness, shiny skin, uneven complexion and acne scarring, and provides continuous hydration for 24 hours.
Unique combination of 3 peeling active ingredients: Salicylic Acid, Glycolic acid and LHA.
These acids penetrate the skin at different levels* to impregnate the entire epidermis and regenerate the skin, layer after layer**.
In just 7 days, imperfections are reduced and your skin is visibly healthier.
*In vitro test.
**Upper layers of the epidermis.
Facing a problematic acne face. I went on a hunt looking for a new moisturizer suitable for acne-prone skin type. I was interested in Vichy Normaderm range products. Especially their moisturizer, since it was the “Best Seller” of their range. Went online to search for reviews before I decided to get it. So I went to Watsons last year and bought it during a promotion.
I only started using it recently this year. Scent wise, it smell pleasant and acceptable for me. As for the result wise, I was kinda disappointed with it. It claims to help in 6 signs of imperfections and will shown visible result in 2 weeks. But after using it for about 3 months, here’s what I noticed.
Claims to help in 6 signs of imperfections:
1. Imperfection: Not much result here. Acne and pimples in small or big sizes are still popping out here and there even after I’ve used more than a month. Doesn’t help in clog pores.
2. Redness: This doesn’t apply to me. As my skin doesn’t get/turn red easily.
3. Shiny skin: Alright and acceptable for me. After applying the cream, there’s a mattifying feeling on my skin. So of caused it does help to control oil and shine due to the mattifying ingredients in it.
4. Uneven complexion: Not much result here.
5. Acne scarring: Slight improved only. My acne/pimple scars doesn’t look so fierce looking.
6. Hydration for 24 hours: I find the hydration so-so only. Not hydrating enough to my liking. So if you’re sleeping in a air-conditioned room, it’s better to get a more hydrating moisturizer for your skin type.
Overall, I’d said this is a slightly above to average moisturizer. I was so hyped up and excited to try this brand. But was kinda disappointed with the overall results. Alright, time to find another moisturizer.
Rating: 3/5 Stars
Worth buying?: Average.
Will I buy again?: No.